Sunday, October 23, 2011

Illustration Friday - Fuel: Missy Moo Gone Cruising

Life on the ranch hadn't been the same for Missy Moo lately: 
All this pressure on her and her sisters to perform and give more milk! And for what? 
A roof over her head in a dark smelly place and a bushel of dry hay?
"This is not enough", she told herself. "I am ready for greener pastures!"
This said, she fueled up and went for the ride of her life in farmer Joe's top fuel dragster.
She's never been seen on the ranch again.
Occasionally rumors are heard of a cow screeching along at lightning speed, 
leaving burnt rubber tracks all across the country. 
Could that be Missy Moo?"




This is my fourth illustration for "Illustration Friday". I am absolutely loving the process of illustrating just for fun and trying out new ways in my work.
Currently I am saving Friday's to work on an illustration for IF.
Thursday night I dreamed of the next topic. In my dream it was "desert". I saw a cow and a pig sit on a wagon, which was pulled by a poor little donkey across some desert along the Oregon Trail.
I was very surprised to find out next morning, that the theme wasn't "desert", but "fuel".

So I changed a few things and had my cow race a top fuel dragster across some imaginary landscape.
The colors turned out pretty bright and colorful. I am not sure if it is a bit too bright?

But who cares? I am my own art director and I might try and do something more subdued next week.
Or may be just black and white? It feels great to be free to do whatever!
Someday soon I might take a wild ride myself ! Yippee!

9 comments:

  1. Terrific! Love the bright colors and the movement, great style. Nice cow. This is only my first week of IF and I love it already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It is great! I love it as well. I am so grateful that it is here. It helps me a lot to try new ways, take life and work not too seriously and have fun. Fridays have become very special. Whenever I notice I get uptight I remind myself, that this is something I do for myself and to enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, It's so great! I love the colours, and the cow face! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this sassy moo! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I love the movement...so speedy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! What a wonderful vibrant colorful picture!

    ReplyDelete